New Items Added Weekly * Special Orders and Requests Accepted * Discounts Applied for Multiple Items


Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sneak Peak: Bench Update

Mr. Five to Nine stayed true to his word and built not one but TWO! benches yesterday.  I have been swamped getting ready for a church youth conference that I am partially in charge of/helping with and just could not get them caulked and painted today.  I'm hoping to crank them out tomorrow morning so that they can dry all day Wednesday and then I can distress them Thursday.  That's the plan, anyway.  But I make no promises.
Bench #1 Before:
 During:
 Bench #2 During:
(I forgot to take a picture of just the headboard before Mr. Five to Nine started building, but you get the idea.)

As I said yesterday, bench #1 probably isn't going to be for sale.  Not yet, anyway.  But I'm so tickled with how it's turning out that I couldn't help but share.  I'll post (good) after shots of it in my boys' room so you can get the full effect.  Bench #2 will be up for sale as soon as it is done.  I'm not sure exactly how much it will be.  I do know for certain that it will be a black distressed one.  I'm thinking somewhere in the $300 range, but possibly less if all goes as planned and I don't have to spend an exorbitant amount of time on it.  Anyway, there's the update and plan.  Tune in tomorrow (I hope!) to see the final products.

*Post edit: I'm pretty sure I'm going to have enough paint left in the sprayer to crank out one other piece of furniture, so this FULL headboard and footboard is probably going to get a makeover tomorrow, too.  I may or may not add some scroll work on it.  It feels a little too masculine to do much to it, but I'll play around with it and see.  Anyway, it will also be painted black and then distressed.  Again, I'm not sure on the exact price, but it will be somewhere around $115.  More if I add scroll work and less if it doesn't give me problems and I don't add any scrolls to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Ads